Sunday 10 March 2013

Didee was our little Friend

Bizzy Lizzy and Matilda have been laying very well this week, but not Rosie or Didee.
 Our poor Didee.  Didee has died.
It is very, very sad and I am inconsolable at the moment.  
I know I will be alright soon enough, but right now I am too sad.  

We tried lots of things:
This week I tried giving her warm baths in case it was a stuck egg, and to help keep her bottom feathers stay clean.  I've fed her cheese and porridge in case it's a tummy problem, I've cleaned the house out thoroughly and moved the run to fresh ground.  I even put her on a hot water bottle so that she could conserve her energy.  But she has not been eating or drinking and I put her in the nest box in the afternoons, where she just sat.

Didee was our little friend and we will miss her very much.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nessa, I am so sorry for your loss. I was really pulling for Didee and hoping she would get better. You did absolutely everything you could do (and exactly what I would have done) and you gave her the best treatment possible. Sometimes unfortunately that is just not enough. I have lost some sweet hens so I know how hard it is. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, poor little Didee :(
    It is heart breaking to lose a beloved hen. Sending hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. I usually reply via email but if you are a "no reply" commenter then I will happily reply here.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!