Tuesday 5 February 2013

Scots Dumpy gets her Name

We have finally decided on a name for our bantam Scots Dumpy!
We'd like to introduce you to Bizzy Lizzy
Lizzy because the Mister thinks her eyes look like a lizard.
Lizzy from me because it is Elizabeth Bennett's pet-name from her sisters.  Our two cats are also named after characters from Pride and Prejudice (Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley - and they suit these names perfectly!)
Plus she is always busy doing something or going somewhere, and of course Bizzy rhymes with Lizzy.

And so here are the 4 bantam girls, all with names:
Australorp Matilda, Orpington Didee, Scots Dumpy Bizzy Lizzy, Orpington Rosie.

One egg today from Matilda our darling top hen.

And again, all four hens put themselves onto perches this evening.  Aaaa, all is well in our home today.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love the name! I love all of their names actually :) So charming and cute. Happy to hear all is well in the chicken world!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. I usually reply via email but if you are a "no reply" commenter then I will happily reply here.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!