Wednesday 30 January 2013

Two Blue Orpingtons


First day with the Flubenvet in their feed - hope it helps as now Rosie has a pretty mucky bottom today too.
Didee and Rosie our two bantam blue Orpingtons with mucky bottoms
Going up the ramp to bed at night wasn't easy for Didee, at first they wouldn't let her in so she came back down then tried again after a wee while.  We noticed she was kind of limping or waddling strangely.  Maybe her nails are impairing her?  Will keep a close eye on her tomorrow, as I have the day off work and catch spend lots of time with my girls!  Think I will let them out of the caged area and into their full-sized netted pen area tomorrow... wonder what they'll think of the new freedom?

Tonight I only had to lift the two Orpingtons onto the perch, as Matilda and the Scots Dumpy put themselves on - awww, ma wee hens are growing up so fast.

Two eggs today!  

One is brown with darker speckles on it , which we suspect is the Australorp Matilda's, and the other one was the little shiny white one from our Scots Dumpy.

Now that I have my hens, all I want to do is stay at home and get to know them.  They're just so fascinating to watch, I can't believe I ever lived without them.  I am sure you feel the same way about your pets.

1 comment:

  1. Didee and Rosie are so cute, even with mucky bottoms. Their feathers are so pretty! I just love them. I know what you mean about wanting to stay home all day with the chickens! I don't know how I lived without mine either :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. I usually reply via email but if you are a "no reply" commenter then I will happily reply here.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!