Wednesday 23 January 2013

Two eggs in one day!

My Mister found an egg in the house today! It was on the floor near the door!  It was the same size and colour as the last two we've had.  So now that we are in production he decided to have two of them for his lunch.
Then after lunch he went outside to check on them and there was ANOTHER egg - a smaller one and this time layed correctly in the nestbox!
As for myself, I didn't get to see them much today, as by the time I got home it was already dark and they had all gone up the ramp.  So I picked them all up and popped them onto the perch and said goodnight.

The best thing is that I do not have to work tomorrow and so am free to stay at home, watch my hens all day and really get to spend time getting to know them properly.
There will be LOTS of photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! It is so exciting to find eggs. Even at more than 3 years into chicken keeping, I still get so excited to check for eggs at the end of each day :) Looking forward to your photos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. I usually reply via email but if you are a "no reply" commenter then I will happily reply here.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!